Guys Showing Up is a program to help men show up as healthy adults in their important relationships. The goal is for men to take full responsibility for their words and actions. This program can also be useful for men who have been divorced and want to learn how to avoid a second divorce. An important component of the Guys Showing Up Program is the ability to be ” Fully Present” when your partner is talking to you. This is a skill that can be learned.
When you are fully present:
1. You give your partner your full and undivided attention
2. You turn off distractions (phone, TV, computer)
3. You make eye contact with your partner
4. You acknowledge and summarize what is being said
5. You respond with empathy and compassion